View Single Post
Tinkering Pays!!

Garage
So I charged the system yesterday [98F outside] and was able to get the High Side pressures up to the recommended 265psi. The system was working great with a 30F temp drop across the evaporator with the fan on med speed.

The problem, however, is my leak came back. Unfortunately, my pressure test of 150psi of Nitrogen was not enough to fully check the system. My reading said that doing more than 150psi for the 'system' could possibly damage the expansion valve or the evaporator as they normally don't see that type of pressure.

In the wake of my findings, I reached out to Charlie [at Griffiths] and he said I could have pressure tested the nitrogen to 275psi and not risked any harm to the cold side of the system. While the leak is very very small, I cannot stand for it and will be evacuating the system and sending some pictures of the hose and the condenser where the leak is occurring.

I've attached a picture of the temps I was getting [dual probe] on the car mat and the front vent. Mind you, it was 98F outside yesterday. That's a 40F drop... That's what 3-condensers gets you...

Shannon

Old 07-22-2017, 04:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)