View Single Post

New 912E owner, project thread

I am starting this thread to document my 912E project. I happened on this particular car through the sale of another 914 2.0 I bought then sold a few months back. When the seller described this car I was a little hesitant at first but once a few pictures showed up in my email and a little more details emerged about the car I knew I had to have it.

Heres the story on this 1976 bitter chocolate brown, sunroof 912E as far back as I know:

Car was parked around 1990, maybe 1991. Currently showing 68,543 miles and I believe these mile to be correct, New Jersey title from 87 showed around 43,000. The only obvious thing I can see as to why it was parked is a snapped clutch cable. Doesn't seem likely thats the only thing that took it off the road but thats all I can tell as of now. What really got me excited about this particular car was everything was there with it and doesn't appear to be molested in any way. While its not the most desirable Porsche, it is a true time capsule car.

I am pretty excited to finally own a nice, complete, virtually rust free aircooled Porsche. I have started tinkering around here and there mostly cleaning up after the years of mice, dust and other random stuff left in the car but someone left it pretty clean for me already! I will update this as I go but I will be working slowly as I have a few other projects I am working on at the same time. Planning on keeping this nearly stock, I may lower it slightly and change out the 14" fuchs for some cookie cutters or 15 fuchs just to get a more modern size tire on it.... Needs a full mechanical resto before anything cosmetic though!

Just got it off my trailer and into my shop yesterday afternoon.... no time for pics as a monsoon swept through as we were rolling it inside... stay tuned!
Old 07-24-2017, 11:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)