View Single Post

Thanks guys,
So the bell housing looks standard depth then.
Here is a photo of the offending area inside the bellhousing...

I can still turn over the motor, i could just hear a slight scratching noise and am getting some metal shavings in this area.

The clutch stack measures 80mm from the back of the engine.

I have a brand new ring gear here 930 116 230 02 which measures the same as the one on the engine.

The pressure plate is the early 934 style sachs performance plate, with the required ring gear spacer. When measured it is the same as the original boat anchor pressure plate.

I did discover some small burrs on the ring gear and am now replacing it but i cant imagine Porsche only allowing a fraction of a millimeter here as clearance in this area.

Are there any other flywheels that could have been used but are slightly wrong dimensions? SC etc? Ill have to pull it off again to check part numbers.

I was assured this ran before but I think this whole car was built using the cast offs from a wreckers yard. I have spent hours and hours trying to figure out what has been fitted and why in some of the areas on this car.

Chris...
I did try and get in touch with you numerous times after our phone chat but heard nothing...

Thanks
Reuben
Old 07-26-2017, 03:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)