View Single Post

Opinion question:
I've posted pics of my 82, Hammerhead slant. So, it has the old Clifford alarm system. Maybe high tech then, not now! The remote I have (one is "lost") is just about shot. I do drive the Hammer occasionally, but the fear of it being stolen is VERY low. Plus, there seems to be a "short" somewhere as it draws WAY too much. Here is the question: Strip out the alarm system, leaving the key pad for the "original" look? Leave it on the car, but disconnect all the parts leaving it "original" but nonfunctional? As a side note, I have no problems with starting, etc, I just don't EVER set the alarm. It's garaged in (as my wife calls it) the Stalag! Bolted garage doors, alarms, the works.
Side question: the original radio (Blaupunkt Frankfort) was removed by an idiot relative in the car's history and tossed. Replaced with nasty, ugly Kenwood. Anyone know a source for the old Blaupunkt? I don't drive it for the radio (the engine sound is the best) and don't care if it is in working condition. Just want the original back in.

Thanks!
Old 07-27-2017, 06:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1189 (permalink)