Thread: Poor idling 930
View Single Post
79-930

Garage
My new fuel pressure gauge arrived Wednesday and was put to use, the WUR is fine; the tested fuel pressure was within spec. I injector flowed to examine the equality between each injector; they were all similar. I checked the flow rate between the fuel distributor and WUR, it was normal.

I did the carburetor cleaner spray with a tube through each injector with the resulting cone shape pattern. I have seen more than one person on this forum perform this same test as a baseline for an accurate troubleshooting procedure. Is this accurate considering the spray exiting the the tube is already in a somewhat atomized state?

I then checked the intake bolts torque and they were all loose, more than just a little. I tightened them to the required torque. 11 of them that is with the one under the air box manifold, left side of the engine compartment, completely inaccessible.

The big discovery was the coil impedance check. The shop manual for my car specifies, .10 - .165 ohms primary; mine measured .600. The shop manual secondary value specifies 390 - 630 ohms; my measurement was 716. Looks like it's time for a new coil. Hopefully this is the problem.
Old 07-29-2017, 05:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)