Thread: LED Lights
View Single Post

LED Lights

My "63" Cab is still a 6 volt car. I installed new LEDs for turn signal, brake and parking lights. Also installed SMD headlights and an electronic flasher. I see absolutely no difference in lumens. I was on a rally last weekend and asked the 911 driver behind me about my lights and he said he has to get right up behind me to see them. The week before I was told that my right rear light wasn't working. I checked it out and it was working. The electronic flasher blinks very slowly, if I put the incandescent bulbs back in it flashes rapidly like my other cars. There are other weird things going on.

My horns are loud and clear except at speed when they gargle and become anemic. The battery is brand new, and at times, barely able to turn the engine over. Other times it is healthy.

I cleaned the battery ground and nothing changed. There are two 6 volt to 12 volts converters installed. One is integral to the stock radio and the other one is left over from an aftermarket radio and is now used to power a portable GPS. It was already installed and I wasn't comfortable with the loose fit with the cigar lighter.
Old 08-02-2017, 10:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)