View Single Post

E34 M30B35 Custom Turbo Build

Hello Guys,

I thought i would share my turbo build with everyone. When i started the build it was very easy to get side tracked and bounce around in circles due to the combinations that had worked and hadn't. I wanted to do a cheap build to have some fun in but then realised that reliable performance isn't cheap.

COMPLETED PARTS AND HARDWARE

*Turbo - GT35 eBay
*Exhaust manifold - Bought off eBay
*Injectors - Deka 60lb
*Oil feed - Picked up using a "t" fitting off the back of the head where the factory sender is. I made my own braided hose for all hoses with bits bought at the local performance shop.
*Oil drain - Drilled and tapped block (together i might add, plenty of grease and wiping so the shavings stick)
*Coolant hoses for turbo - used both ports at the thermostat housing area (see pics)
*Megasquirt 3 Pro EVO ECU
*Wideband AFR and EBC
*Auto Trans 4HP22EH with manual controller
*Spal 16inch thermo.
*Stock FPR
*3" universal intercooler kit - eBay $220
*Walbro 255lpm in-tank pump
*6 Ls1 coil packs
*Tial style 46mm BOV eBay $60 (same as turbo, all the same and works killer.)
*Sequencial BOV with adapter pipe HKS copy $50, there is a vid on youtube of them being tested, Interesting comparison.
*Stock throttle body removed from the front, blanked and fitted to the back (just a hole saw did the trick).
* Stock bottom end, stock head Gasket
*Currently street testing, will need a back up plan for trans swap but seems fine for now, manual gear selection, shifts hard and no slip.
*Currently @ 14 psi bit high for my liking but whatever, mls gasket and ARP studs to come also.

Thanks

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
References:
- Update: E34 M30B35 Custom Turbo Build - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums
- Copyright Management Video Examples.
Old 08-08-2017, 03:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)