View Single Post
I would rather be driving

You have to tune the car now that it is running.

Start with adjusting fuel until the car will idle. low vacuum at idle for these cams fits the fact that your car will not idle smoothly and you are getting a false reading of what the actual idle MAP reading will be. Forget the AFR reading at the moment and determine if the car is rich or lean. If rich you will have near raw fuel and horrible emissions out the tail pipe. If lean it will just sputter and not want to run. You can make gross changes to the entire fuel table by adjusting the req_fuel parameter in setup. You can also make changes to the fuel table by manually adjusting the VE table value.

Once the car will idle smoothly note the AFR that gives you the lowest MAP reading for a particular RPM. This should be your initial target AFR for the rest of the tune process.

Move from idle to free-rev, no load bins and adjust the fuel trim. This will be an arc across the VE table. Next, scale outside this arc to blend the fuel trim and the car should be driveable.

Simply put. Go tune the car now. Its a methodical process. Give it as much fuel as it wants/needs to run smoothly under light load and cruise. Then work on higher rpm and boost bins.
classicautowerks.com - EFI conversion parts
Old 08-08-2017, 11:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)