View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbobrat930 View Post
Remember, there is also a fuel strainer attached to that drain plug. If you are draining old gas out of there I would go ahead and do it via the drain plug. Take a look at the strainer and make sure that everything is good and clean. And, draining the tank via the drain plug is not as uncontrolled as one might think. Just have a couple of 5 gallon gas cans available and a funnel and go at it.
Wasn't aware of the strainer. I'll take a look. Thing of note, I did attempt to rebuild the fuel distributor since the car has been in an ethanol blend environment for the past several years. I expected to see corrosion and/or deterioration of seals. The thing was spotless. The plunger slits and each individual injector feed orifice show no signs of sediment or varnish. So I'll be curious about the state of the strainer. Car has about 77K miles on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post
I've done it by removing the fuel feed hose to the fuel head. Then stuff the end of it into a larger inner diameter hose around 4 feet long that can handle gasoline.
Then put the other end of that hose into a container and turn the pumps on.
I may wind up doing this. I preferred doing it without the engine in the bay, but once I realized it wasn't going to work with the engine harness disconnected from the rear fuse/relay panel, I came to you guys for your experiences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T77911S View Post
remove the connector on the top rear of the AFM, remove the fuel line to the FD, put a hose on it to what ever then turn the key on.
I would also put a battery charger on the battery, set on 10amp.

how much gas are you talking about?
the car been stored inside?
The car has been stored inside, never below 50* F. The amount of fuel in the tank is about 15 gallons, 91 octane 0% ethanol. Disposing of the gas is a real PIA. In the area where I live, the hazardous material site is 20 miles away and appointments are necessary for disposal. I'm going to take two 5 gallon containers there and dilute the remaining stale with a full tank of racing gas and a bottle of Techron.

Thanks all for your input.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 08-10-2017, 06:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)