View Single Post

This is my car. I have not been able to confirm factory authenticity but here's what I do know from the extensive research I've done on this particular car:
Original owner's family recalls the car being imported in 1982 as a slant nose - the conversion was done in Germany.
Porsche COA is legit - no copy and paste. I have the original COA.
Conflicting info from Porsche but Marc Noack did not confirm this as a factory job. Could not answer why it is classified as a factory job on the COA, but it is.
I am not claiming in my for sale ad that this is a factory car because I do not have definitive proof that it is.
The fenders are steel - factory undercoating present in rear fenders - oil cooler is in front grill - headlights are different than other factory jobs - side air slats do not appear to be wood

Whether or not this is a factory conversion, it is beautiful and near immaculate. It drives fantastically and passed rigorous inspection, needs nothing. A true dream car for me to be able to have owned - poster car from my childhood! Of course, the car gets a ton of attention at C&C.
Old 08-17-2017, 12:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1193 (permalink)