View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by inline six View Post
This is my car. I have not been able to confirm factory authenticity but here's what I do know from the extensive research I've done on this particular car:
Original owner's family recalls the car being imported in 1982 as a slant nose - the conversion was done in Germany.
Porsche COA is legit - no copy and paste. I have the original COA.
Conflicting info from Porsche but Marc Noack did not confirm this as a factory job. Could not answer why it is classified as a factory job on the COA, but it is.
I am not claiming in my for sale ad that this is a factory car because I do not have definitive proof that it is.
The fenders are steel - factory undercoating present in rear fenders - oil cooler is in front grill - headlights are different than other factory jobs - side air slats do not appear to be wood

Whether or not this is a factory conversion, it is beautiful and near immaculate. It drives fantastically and passed rigorous inspection, needs nothing. A true dream car for me to be able to have owned - poster car from my childhood! Of course, the car gets a ton of attention at C&C.
In 1982 it shouldnt be on the COA? Should it? Maybe thats what you are questioning as well. Other '82s should are authenticated with documents from Sonderwunsche. Im thinking the only way it could end up on the COA on this early of a car is by proving to Porsche through documents that it was done at Werk 1. How about the issue of the flip up lights? Was that even an option in '82?
Old 08-17-2017, 12:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1194 (permalink)