View Single Post

Thank you, turbotoo.
My VIN does not have an O, only zeroes. I have the actual physical COA in my possession, not a digital copy that has been photoshopped or otherwise altered. I own and have owned many Porsches and this COA is exactly the same as my others. I verified with Porsche NA and Porsche that they have the slant nose option listed in this car's records - I have not verified what information they had to include that as an option as I have no supporting paperwork. The COA correctly lists Equipment for Germany as an option.
Of course the car does not have the slant nose option at the time of production as that wasn't an option to list at time of production. We all know that the only slant nose cars came through the Special Wishes program. No cars that I have found have the slant nose option in production prior to 1986. The COA is not from 1982 - it was issued at some time after and obviously Porsche had enough information, either from the then-current owner or in their own records, to add Slant Nose to the options list. This is the most perplexing thing about this car...

I in no way want to portray this car as something it's not as I am trying to sell it. I have a good reputation in my small circle of SoCal car-folk acquaintances and would like to keep that. I have, however, spent many hours researching this and trying to get the answers about this car's provenance and there is no 10-minute definitive answer.

I have found that whether or not this car was converted to slant nose in Werks I, it was done in Germany in 1982 and I have not found information about any other shops that were performing these conversions in Germany at that time. The conversion is very well-done and the car is solid and beautiful and has passed the test of time.
Old 08-18-2017, 09:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1197 (permalink)