Thread: RIP Ed Reich
View Single Post
Large Member

Garage
Tim here texted me this Tue (thanks brutha) and had the same reaction as many of you - profoundly shocked and sad for all involved... including Jim. What a terrible thing to happen.

Looking @ the map of the accident scene, he may have come into that bend too hot after a bit of a straight and borked the turn. No surprise with a brand new owner of such a highly setup example, out on a Sat w/ a friend likely 'showing off' as we all do.

I'm happy to hoon the beejeezus out of mine... but I've had it 10yrs and know it intimately (got rid of my Zork Rawknees so not 'intimate' like that). I never ever push any new to me car to any limits until I find them and understand them WELL. Certainly doesn't happen in a month, tho I don't know his previous history.

So tragically sad. Sorry Jim, this has to be rough for you. Hope the passenger ends up alright. Looked for both of them on FB / LinkedIn but found nothing.

Heard this at dusk - at sunrise that morning I'd gotten a call that one of my longtime close Audi bud's 28yr old son who I also knew took his life w/ zero signs whatsoever. Not a good day, Tue...

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 08-24-2017, 09:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)