View Single Post

Garage
Booked in for a dyno run a short time ago but car decided it didn't want to go

Day of the dyno, I wouldn't start and was pig rich on cranking, so much that it started to drip from the exhaust studs on to the headers.

After a morning of cleaning spark plugs, checking TunerStudio settings etc etc etc without luck I poked around in the EFI cables and it fired up instantly.

I missed my dyno window so the car was taken for a short run and put away again.

Now since then the car just won't start and over fuels as before. It seems something is shorting the fuel injector signal and causing the injectors to just open up continuously.
I just can't find the cause

End result, I've had enough and getting a local company to install an Omex 710 ECU that will control fuel and spark. They will set the hole thing up and dyno also.

So fingers crossed this will be the end of me constantly having to try and fix s**t and I can finally just drive the car
1980 SC Flatnose, Euro 3.0, LW Flywheel, 993 Cams, Port & Polish Heads, RS Cut Valves, MSD 6AL, Blaster Coil, Magnacor Leads, Boxster Brakes, WEVO Mounts, TRG Roll Bars, Rollcage, RSR rear fenders, OE Short Sift, K27 7200 Turbo Conversion, OBX Headers, Tial Wastegate, EFI MicroSquirt v3
Old 09-01-2017, 12:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #412 (permalink)