View Single Post

I had 356 of the same vintage. Fortunately they are pretty simple cars so there's not much that can be permanently damaged with a little quick action. Good luck and I hope all is well with you and yours!

#1) Remove the battery! These are on the floor of the front trunk. Water and battery acid will collect in this area if left alone.

2) Remove carpets and floor "juke". Original cars had an rubbery / fibery sound deadening material on the floors. This should be removed and dried outside of the car. This stuff retains water and will be the reason the floors will rust out.

3) Pull seats and Remove door panels.. (if water made it up high enough). I'd pull the panels and dry out the inside of the doors.

4) I'd pull the trans shift boot under the car and jack the front of the car up to drain the shift tunnel inside the car.

5) I'd hose out the inside with fresh water and dry as much as possible. Towel dry as much as possible

7) Pull brake drums and flush all fluids. The trans, engine and brake systems should be cleaned out.

8) Once the car is cleaned off, they may want to spray the underside with Gibbs liberally to prevent corrosion of hardware and suspension components.
Old 09-02-2017, 10:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)