View Single Post
3 restos WIP = psycho

Crosspost of my K27 hybrid FS

Post on the FS forum, but since so many of you don't often look there, I figured I'd post here, too.

For sale is a K27 7006 based hybrid turbo. The turbo has zero hours (wasn't even idle tested) and was rebuilt only two months ago by Evergreen Turbo. Turbo was rebuilt to highest spec with all German parts, including 360 thrust bearing. Both the hot and cold sides have been ceramic coated for longevity.

The spec of the turbo is:
K27 7006 CHRA and turbine
#9 K27 hot housing
K29 compressor housing and wheel

Regarding performance and characteristics, this turbo is what the 7006 should have been.

Downsizing the hot housing from #11 to #9 means the turbo spools a few hundred RPM earlier than the box stock 7006, even with the MUCH larger K29 cold side and also hits earlier and harder than a stock 7006. This turbo makes more power everywhere throughout the RPM range than a stock 7006, including on top, even with the smaller hot housing.

This turbo is what I'd call an ALMOST bolt in upgrade. It does bolt right up, and fits fine with the stock sheet metal, but requires a custom up pipe. This is easily accomplished using standard silicone tubing. If using the stock bypass valve, you will also either need to use silcone to mate the cold air intake to the BPV or press a small dimple into the stock metal pipe to clear the compressor outlet.

Asking $999 + shipping (given 999 is the Motorsports code for custom turbos )

- 1965 911
- 1969 911S
- 1980 911SC Targa
- 1979 930
Old 09-16-2017, 08:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)