View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Two problems, time and 3rd party involvement.
Once the item is out of the control of the seller you can do anything you want with it, including destroying it. Add in a 3rd party that now has the item and you have nothing left to defend. Throw in that it is a used makes it all the worse.

Quote:
But as I type there is a set of Rarly8 headers in a box in my shed I have not even cut the tape to look at. I guess I put too much faith that everything is what I ordered. It's the gamble of being too busy or too lazy.
Fortunately we work a little differently than a junk yard. It is easy to tell if a new product is damaged or has a factory defect. As a timely story, I got a call from Zim's recently that they had sold one of our 356 mufflers to a customer back in 2014. He just now is getting it installed and finds the tailpipe stub outs are too long for his bumper. I'm sending out a call tag and will check it out and fix whatever is wrong.

Like you said the moral of the story is time. Check out your purchased item immediately upon receipt, even if you have to pay the shop to disassemble it.
Old 09-20-2017, 04:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)