View Single Post

Can they be restored? Sure, but are they the right size for the car you are thinking about putting them on? Many times a resizing is needed or wanted such as I want an 11" vs a 10" and I am going to remove the rear spacer as Jim did on his 930 years ago when he resized his rear wheels.

So to really understand what it takes to restore a set of wheels first is do they fit correctly, if not what sizes are needed or wanted for the "look" . Next is verification that the set is straight/true and round. It does not make sense to restore a set of bent wheels. I have seen because of the age of the sets and the condition of the roads the cars are being driven on many sets that now require inner and outer rims need to be replaced so at this point it gets expensive and difficult to locate parts for special builds.

The set you are asking about is the Alessio wheels, which are not the most sought after Speedlines.
The center caps alone cost about $100 each and are most difficult to find (unique to this set of wheels)

So what car are these going to go on? What size do you want? What kind of finish do you want on the set?

When I build sets of Alessio wheels for Porsche friends they are priced in the $4100 range and up depending on sizes and finishes. I have found in the end it is cheaper to buy a restored, resized set vs buying a cheap set and the cost to build/refinish that set. Good luck. Jim jdorociak@gmail.com
Old 09-20-2017, 08:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)