View Single Post

Red face New 914 owner in Orlando area needs help!

Hello all, I recently lucked into a running '73 914 1.7 for almost free. The only problem is I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT PORSCHES. I have worked on Fords, Chevys, Mopars even Toyotas but I am lost on this thing. I ordered a Haynes 914 shop manual but it will be a couple of weeks before it gets here and I want drive this thing NOW!. However it has been sitting for a couple of years and I would like to at least change the oil, check the transmission gear oil and all that. Changing the oil is no problem I found everything there, but whats the oil capacity for the 1.7? Second question is where and how do you check the transmission gear oil? Whats the capacity on that? I would like to find a good mechanic in the Orlando area I can take it to to let me know what if anything is wrong with it before I start addressing its appearance deficits. Anyone know anyone? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
John
Old 09-29-2003, 01:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)