View Single Post

suddenly cranking longer to fire up

So Ive been driving the 930 a bunch lately and it has been running great. However, the other day after sitting for about 4 hours, I turned the key and it cranked over for a couple seconds before firing, and then started slowly and then came right to idle. I thought it was weird. On the drive home, it ran great, AFR's were all in line with what they were prior. No loss of power at all. The next couple starts, the same thing happened. Cranked for a couple seconds and then ran. I do not give it throttle to start it.

This morning, I listened for the CSV giving the shot of fuel before I hit the starter and it sounds as it always does, but it did the same thing with the long crank. Tonight, I turned it to ON and then off a few times to make sure I had enough gas in there for a cold start and it still took longer to start.

I have been monitoring AFRs throughout the range and they are fine and unchanged. Power comes on strong and all the way to redline, so no power loss at all.

Hot start fires right up the one time I did that, so it seems its just cold or almost cold that takes longer to fire.

Up to now, when cold, at the very first crank it would bark to life every single time.

I haven't touched anything at all for a while.

Anyone have this issue? Any ideas? If something is starting to fail, I want to catch it before I get stranded somewhere.

Thanks!
Old 09-21-2017, 07:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)