View Single Post

Garage
Just bought long stored 914..thoughts on next step

Thanks in advance for any help on this....Just bought a 1970 with a transplanted 2 litre motor. Bought from Porsche guy with a dozen cars, owned this 25 years but has not been on road in 10 or so....car has been covered, on rolling dollies in climate and humidity controlled garage. Car solid and virtually no rust, when taken off dollies rolled freely so brakes not seized. I a flatbedding car to my garage and looking for suggestions on bringing it back to live. Based on past experiences with Harleys and TVR's I a planning the following but realize I am going to be missing a bunch so all help appreciated....
-car has front trunk mounted fuel pump so plan to remove line and drain all fuel.
-plan to remove all visible fuel lines with new ones...any "HIDDEN" ones I need to know about?
-Marvel Mystery oil or WD 40 in cylinders to see if they are free
-drain brake fluid and replace lines with new lines and fluids. As it rolls freely assume calipers fine, will inspect rotors
-check timing and all visible lines.

Ok so what am I missing?? :-) I have owned 2 other Porsches but both water cooled and newer (996 and 951) so the older air cooled a new experience. Again thanks in advance for any help or ideas

Last edited by sdearman; 09-22-2017 at 08:16 PM..
Old 09-22-2017, 08:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)