View Single Post

3D model/render work on the 2.2T motor I'm building

Originally I had all of this sprinkled throughout my engine build thread. Since it's somewhat of a budget build I get time to get up close and personal with each of these parts as I'm cleaning and inspecting and saving for parts and machine work.

To answer a few questions off the bat. Software: I use Creo 3.0 (the software previously known as Pro/Engineer) for 100% of the model work. The nice rendered images are created in another software called Keyshot. Using Keyshot I can bring in the model files and assign colors, textures, change lighting, backgrounds, etc.

You'll notice that in a lot of these the color/finish of the individual parts isn't exact. Each time I add to the model I make a new render file, and then I reassign colors to each part all over again. Because of this, I don't spend a ton of time honing the colors down. Once it's complete I'll get everything so that they look right but for now it's just WIP eye candy.

I don't update this thread with every new part I make, to see everything in the most up-to-date fashion visit my Instagram www.instagram.com/autoillustrated/

Hope you all enjoy!

Gotta start somewhere.

Last edited by Optimusglen; 12-19-2017 at 09:45 AM..
Old 09-22-2017, 08:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)