View Single Post

Day 13 continued-

A short drive south on ID 93 puts you on Trail Ridge Rd. to Ketchum, ID-

Ketchum was jammed with people and we couldn't wait to leave. The goal for the day was Atlanta, ID using Warm Springs Rd from Ketchum. Unfortunately rain would hit three times in 50 miles-

At one point we caught up with a cattle drive and had to trail along for half an hour dodging the pies. Then we found our road closed and had to detour south to Fairfield, ID-

A clerk in Fairfield informed us 30,000 people were descending on the area for a country music festival so we skipped Atlanta and beat feet for the Boise Narrows-

We had trouble finding a campsite on the reservoir, a drunken redneck in a pickup tried to kill Ralf and the site we found was full on ants-

We decide to head down river but Ralf hit a personal low spot and was slumped over his bike so he waited while I scouted ahead. Luckily three miles later there was a nice little site on the river that would be home for the night-

The good thing about having a friend along is they can help you through a tough spot. Two years ago it was Ralf helping me with a tire that would not hold air after 6 plugs and two cans of Fix-a-flat. That really got me down. He took over navigation and found us a campsite.

The bikes could use a bath at this point-

* '83 GPZ 550-gone to a newbie * '75 CB400F-retired to AZ.

Last edited by RBMann; 11-17-2017 at 09:38 AM..
Old 09-22-2017, 10:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)