View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by '76 911S 3.0 View Post
I love this idea; however, I tried fitting mine in that location but for some reason does not fit in that location (maybe the 930 control arms are spatially different than a standard 911? I know TurboWerx makes a smaller pump than the one I have, might need to exchange mine for that to make it work in that location. *Edit:* I remember the reason why the pump would not work there for me, the swaybar is in the way. I just noticed in your picture you have a mount but no bar in it.

And being that my car began life as a 2.7, there is no provision for a rear fuel pump or the associated mounting brackets
Mine is a 1982SC tub that I grafted a G50 torsion tube into. It has SC trailing arms - so I cannot comment on the 930 arms being different. I run a Rebel Racing swaybar and the Rebel Racing swaybar mounts (the ones weld to the chassis). I had to space the swaybar mounts down about 10mm to allow the swaybar to clear the underside of the G50 gearbox.
For the electric pump mount - I mounted the pump to a 1/8" plate and then had to determine the center line of the exhaust clamps, relative to the pump, to get it to fit. One advantage of the turbowerx pump is that it can run in any position - so I was able to rotate the pump relative to the torsion tube to make it fit.
I will have a look to see if I have anymore pictures that may show it a little better.
Old 09-23-2017, 06:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)