View Single Post
I wanna Live 'til I die!

Send a message via AIM to signit98
Brad was a good friend, Kevin... and I'd be honored to be compared to him in any way, shape or form... but the hair is gone again. The trip was an eye opener as to how much work it is, to have it long.

As for the low spot, constant discomfort (i.e. pain) and the fact that some drunk rednecks tried to take me out (willing or not), paired with the lack of decent campsites made for a rather disheartening experience for me...

But Rick was a trooper, he took my *****ing in stride and found a good spot to call home. Thank you kindly, sir! He also missed out on telling the part where it started to rain as we were going from Sun Valley over the pass to the other side and ran into the cattle.

Also, we found ourselves on a road that had been washed away and repaired in a way where I would have felt uncomfortable on it on a dirt bike. We made it through, though.

Back to the rain... I did not have my glasses at the ready and thus, couldn't open the combination lock to my saddle bag with my rain gear in time. So I decided to just "ride through it". What looked liked a short shower, turned into a long torrent. The upside? My clothes were washed... while I was wearing them...

A long hour and a few near wipeouts later, we made it back to sun and warmth and two hours after that, it was all forgotten.

The pictures do not do it justice, really... no matter how hard we may try. It was stunning.
2005 R1200GS - 2007 Yamaha YZ250F - 2008 KTM690 Enduro
Old 09-23-2017, 06:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)