View Single Post

So I had half a morning to play on the car today, so I thought I would pull the pedal box.

Every time I've passed the car, I've been tapping the main two bolts and spraying them with PB blaster. I've also given it a good rub with a wire brush, but as you might guess, I managed to break both bolts

I did think about heating it, but there was a good amount of PB residue and under the dash isn't a great place to have a mini fire...

Then I started on the two at the back. I remember pulling a friends pedal box years ago on his '82, but my back bolts seemed to be really corroded in. As I tried polishing around them (to get rid of the rust) I realized that the prior owner must have been some sort of safety freak as it looked like he had gone and welded them in.

Dang. I thought I was going to have to cut the rotten things off.
I'll save that until next time, I thought as I had to carry on with the honey do list.

This afternoon, I was reading Wayne's 101 book and realized that they are welded from the factory and I need to take the bolt out from the front on early models! DOH!!!

I should have read his book earlier!

Anyone else had the front two bolts shear? Is there an easy obvious solution that doesn't involve drilling big holes in the floor?

Thanks!
Old 09-24-2017, 03:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)