View Single Post

Day 15-Copperfield to Lyons Ferry, WA 254 miles

We had some fun getting to Enterprise, OR for lunch on the Wallowa Mountain Loop Hwy. FS 39. Then it was up OR 3 and down the south side of Rattlesnake Canyon to the Grande Ronde River-

After crossing the Grande Ronde it was up the north side of Rattlesnake Canyon to WA 129-

Then the road drops down to Asotin, WA-

In Clarkston/Lewiston it was hot again but that didn't stop us going to play on the Spiral Hwy.-

The state park at Lyons Ferry was closed, bummer! So we used the KOA across the Snake River. Okay, sort of, as the wind changed in the evening and we would get wiffs of sewer gas. They did have a store and restaurant but the menu was limited-

Speaking of fun, I was walking around the store checking their stock. Oh my, what could this be? I called Ralf over to help me figure it out-

Poor man completely lost it with uncontrollable laughter. I mean everyone is looking at us so I grab his arm and get him outside which was difficult since he was still doubled over laughing. Once outside, after a couple minutes he catches his breath and we head up the stairs to our campsite. While climbing the steps I mention it might be the ultimate garden's tool and he losses it again only now the whole campground is looking at us. The things you have to endure for friendship.

As I write this my wife just came home from the store. Not only did she let me steal her motorcycle six years ago, she brought me a snack. I am a lucky man-

* '83 GPZ 550-gone to a newbie * '75 CB400F-retired to AZ.
Old 09-24-2017, 09:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #80 (permalink)