View Single Post
Knee Pads are Overrated!

Alternative to Yellow, Overboost Relay?

The overboost relay in my car only works 100% some of the time (sometimes it does not prevent the fuel pumps from running with just the key on, and it never allows for the quick, half-a-second run/prime of the pumps at the initial turn of the key), so I would like to replace it and relegate it to my spares kit (a huge kit, that these cars unfortunately require ).

A little over a year ago, I bought a Witren branded one (OEM supplier and supposedly made in Germany) - it only worked for about 300 miles, and Pelican took it back for store credit. I've tried to order another one, or another brand, since then, and Pelican does not carry them (even though they are still listed on the online catalog) . . . the only one that "might" be available is the Porsche branded one (probably a Witren that is re-badged), but it is $245.00 for that thing (totally nutz!).

Soooooo, has anyone figured out an alternative, perhaps using a modern relay, that functions in a similar manner?

PS - I've already taken the cover off my current relay and checked it the best I can for problems - am no electrical expert, though not a complete numbnutz.
Old 09-27-2017, 12:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)