View Single Post

No meaning behind my name. Just thought of something quick. I dont even know if there is a verse John 9:14. The car really seems to be in decent condition. I know the previous owner and it was well kept for about 10 years, but the last couple of years its been sitting outside and accumulated some rust. The most troubling areas are beneath the seats and next to the gas pedal. Im working on it at my fathers metal fabricating shop and I'm a pretty decent welder so a little rust is no problem. The engine sounds good, although you never know. I have receipts from 3 years ago where most of the gaskets and seals where replaced. The clutch..........I dont know, you have to kinda of fan it a little to get it into first and reverse or hold it down for a couple of seconds. After that it shifts smoothly(and yes I drove it down a deserted road with NO BRAKES!!). I know this thing isnt going to be for the faint of heart as soon as I tried replacing those brake lines, something that seems very simple is just kicking my arse. But I have wanted a 914 literally since I was 7 so I WILL NOT BE DENIED!
Old 09-30-2003, 06:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)