View Single Post

That's what I thought too, bad accumulator. Replaced it, no improvement, so now I have a good, used, spare accumulator.

I checked with CIS-Jetronic and they recommended sprinkling baby powder at the fuel distributor's mid-line and below it but above the Air control box to find leaks. Problem is, can't gain access to 2 of the 3 screws as they're directly below fuel lines. I do think I'm losing fuel past the plunger. Don't believe there are O-rings around it.

I have 2 fuel distributors. The first one is the only one I've completely disassembled, sealed with an aluminum foil homemade gasket, put it into use, no leaks at the mid-line but had fuel delivery problems. I think the slits in the barrel are deformed. So I removed/replaced with this distributor and after a year in use, am losing fuel from it overnight. It does fill back up but takes 1/2 mile of driving for that to happen.

One of the two distributors needs to be examined closely for clearance issues with the plunger while the other keeps us driving.

Last edited by DBabbitt; 10-01-2017 at 07:08 PM..
Old 10-01-2017, 07:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)