Thread: Success
View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfbus View Post
Did you check if the #4 cam spray bar opening was ok? If you cant see the holes maybe wipe the cover and put it on and and short start and check if its still clean or cleaner than the other cylinder areas? If #4 is dry it will be noisier and eat the lobe and rocker.
Hi smurfbus,

I looked but I could not see what nor where the spray bar is.
I read a few pelican posts on how to clean it with wire or even a fish hook and to look down the spray bar for contaminants but I am afraid it was lost on me. I remember jfairman posting you can not even see some of these holes.
Seeing though the cam lobe was coated in oil I am blindly hoping it is OK.

I tried the backward gap test and .004 seemed to slide in freely unlike other rockers.
I guess I'm am hoping that like the wife (she who is to be obeyed) said, that it was probably like this prior to the turbo detonation and I am now looking and hearing things that were present prior.

At long last I moved her (930 not the wife) that will cum later (rawknees).
I am probably at my limit to what I can do as to replace cams I understand the engine will have to be removed and with that the breaking of studs, seized bolts would be better done by a craftsman.

I would hope I am able to drive her to a Porsche repairer, which will be some distance for me, but if that is not advised I guess I should truck it.

Anyways here she is ....-.... best I have seen my 930 look in more than a year.
Due to weather I was happy to even drive out of the garage and reverse back in.

Old 10-01-2017, 11:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)