View Single Post
930 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by s5uewf View Post
I think the resale market may drop off as younger males will not want older gas engine vehicles and as older males die off. Not sure when. I also think insurance industry will try to price self driving cars off the road and will get politicians to help them.

Once those who choose not to drive and/or do not really like gas vehicles get old enough to carry a vote in Congress and have enough cash to influence markets, I expect we will start to see more "safe" and more "eco friendly" transportation become more prevalent.

On the other hand, there are already kits available to convert my 930 to electric drive, so if I have to, I can keep the car and slide in batteries and a motor and still shift, even. I hope I never have to do this however.
This, great points here....

my feeling is millennials did not grow up in a car culture like many did in the 60s and 70s learning to wrench on their own cars. Yes they place value on experiences, but they are also inherently cheap. Spending time in a garage working on an old car doesn't seem like the experiences they are looking for and paying a mechanic to maintain a hobby car that may rarely see use like their daily driver seems unlikely knowing their current predispositions

how many people do you know that can drive a car from the early part of the century, crank starting, adjusting timing while driving etc. if my life depended on getting in a model A and driving away, id be dead. i think the same may ring true in the future.

the collector car hobby only recently took a shot in the arm starting with speed channel airing Barrett Jackson Auctions. who knows how long it lasts or how it evolves. we can only speculate.
Old 10-05-2017, 07:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)