View Single Post

I had considered fuel injectors leaking after a short run, cold engine shutdown. I pulled them out and placed each in its own test tube and checked after time. No fuel leaked.

I don't think I'm losing fuel pressure via the control pressure regulator as it is 2 feet lower in elevation than the fuel distributor. There is no gravitational way for it to leak fuel back up to the area of the distributor, then back down again to the return line to tank.

I think I'm leaking fuel past the bright stainless steel end of the pressure regulator which I show completely disassembled at the top of this thread in the photo. Like a leaky faucet washer in the house, it is leaking past the end of the regulator and its seat with the fuel distributor.

I'm also making a tool to check that the fuel pump check valve is not leaking. It will be like a big nut with air fitting on the high pressure side. I'll pressurize and place under water to check any leak rate. I now own 4 check valves. Two are new. The new one in place now may be the cure. Jury is still out.

Old 10-06-2017, 05:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)