Thread: Success
View Single Post

Steve, the sideways play is not an issue. That is controlled by the web castings the rocker sits between. I haven't played your vid (limited internet). But I doubt the pitting on cam lobe is the noise
Unless severe and the valve adjust should be wrong. The spray bar is on the inlet side (top). Don't think there is one on bottom - guys? If you are on E side you won't see it. If on I side (top) it is the long tube about 6mm dia. It has holes about 1mm dia above the rockers. You can usually see each hole.
Yes you have to shorten an allen key to get to the one by oil cooler - porsche special tool 97a.
You can free them in place - you just need more crank than the keys will allow. Hint - get a ring spanner - about 10mm, and place the ring over the allen key - you should be cranking on the small one - I think - guys? There is a right and wrong way to do this. Pretty sure small one - is the bolt. You undo the bolt not the keeper. Crank on the ring spanner and .. voila. It will crack open. Yes, you can do this in the car. If that is the issue. You will see there is a thick web and a thin web. Check the difference (eyeball) with the other rocker shafts. See if they are about the same. 1mm is not critical, but getting close - the groove that locks on to the web is close to missing one of the webs = oil leak. There is a method with engine on stand to set these right - feeler gauge down side of rocker feeling for groove as shaft slides in to web. Then push home another 1-2mm (can't remember exactly). No reason why can't do in car.
Regards
Alan
83 SC, 82 930 (track) - Stock except for RarlyL8 race headers, RarlyL8 Zork, K27-7006, 22/28 T bars, 007 Fuel head, short 3&4 gears, NGK AFR, Greddy EBC (on the slippery slope), Wevo engine mounts, ERP rear camber adjust and mono balls, Tarret front monoball camber adjust, Elgin cams, 38mm ported heads, 964 IC. 380rwhp @ 0.8bar Apart from above, bone stock:-)
Old 10-09-2017, 01:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)