View Single Post

Front glass and rust...

I did not know that my 1984 930 had a heated windshield. I honestly thought that it was just delamination that caused the red like grid to be exposed in the lower corners of the glass in just the right light. Damn it all! I've been holding onto a replacement bought off the site last year thinking it was the best (and right one) to buy as a replacement for the original rock chipped glass. The glass guy was just as surprised as I was when he noticed and called me.

On the same note, as the car has come apart for paint - I am shocked as to where there is (minor) surface rust as opposed to where I thought it was going to be rust. Lower windshield I was shocked to find - nothing. Rear windshield - just a inch of minimal surface rust in the middle, but the biggest surprise was in the middle of the rocker panels under the rubber strip...

It's been an eye opener, that's for sure. I don't know what I am going to do about the front glass though. The Porsche glass guy wants nothing to do with the reinstall...

What a pussy.
Old 10-10-2017, 04:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)