View Single Post

Garage
Smile Megasquirt EFI installation on 79 930

Hi guys.

I thought i`d dig into installing my EFI setup. Will update with pics and info along the way but i`m also hoping for some help with a few things i just don`t figure out. I have read so much about EFI`ing but still the first thing i did and i got stopped.

Anyone know where i can get a longer shaft for the TB? Bought the sensor and mounting plate from GSF but that seems to not fit and not connect to the sensor. They never said anything about this and i told them what car i had. The top point for mounting screw is halved and the lower is not tapped. I can fix the mouting areas but still need a longer shaft.
I could maby weld it a bit longer but then i need to know where the pin are placed on the shaft to rotate the TPS compared to the flat on the other side of the shaft? Or can i adjust the TPS instead?

If i`m not going to use the CIS stuff , what do i use to connect the IC to the TB?
If i just leave everything as it is, do i just add the MS, ignition, TPS, IAT and CHT, unplug the original stuff and EFI will work or will i have to remove all and plug everything.

Got some leaks to stop also if i ever want to get it on the road. Think i`ll add something on both sides of the valve cover gaskets. Can`t stop them from leaking. Also the chain covers.

Not much to be exited about yet as i ofcourse got into trouble on the thing i thought was going to be the easy one. Mounting the TPS
Porsche 930 `79 #973
Old 10-11-2017, 11:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)