View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356911930 View Post
Originally posted by NormK:
I don't know the real-world cost of a Testarossa engine rebuild, but given the range you provide for a 930 engine (this is a 930 forum and thread after all) I can't help but question your expertise on the subject.

I would have to agree that $15-$25K is low for having an engine rebuilt at a shop, not for DIY though; but you sold your 1980 930 and bought a Corvette? Doesn't that make your expertise subject?

Rahl
Actually, Rahl, I sold the 930 and bought a Mercedes SL. Sold the SL and bought the Corvette, which simply never had a chance of turning my screws, so it was gone within a couple of months. Have owned two other 911s since selling the 930 and most recently picked up a neat-as-a-pin Datsun Z-Car. Seems crazy to me, but I've received far more compliments on the Z than I ever did on the 930. My wife theorizes that it's because far more people recognize the Z and probably knew someone who owned one (or owned one themselves) in the seventies and can therefore relate to this little beauty more than they can the granddaddy of all German supercars.

I realized many years ago that I'm never going have a car collection. Instead, I decided I was going to to enjoy a wide, somewhat eclectic variety of cars ... one at a time. I've owned about 75 cars in my 60 years and figure, provided I can still turn a wrench, I have another dozen or so in me before I'm done.

_

Last edited by Norm K; 10-14-2017 at 02:44 PM..
Old 10-14-2017, 02:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)