View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff View Post
where do you pick up that RPM signal then? am I right that in the basic setup (plain WUR substitution) RPM and O2 signals are not actually needed? (and temerature could be calculated programmatically, like on some HVAC systems)
hey! at least now I have an answer for those who are wondering why don't i install a second-hand aftermarket efi)))
Pick up the RPM input by splicing in to the Black/Violet signal line from the CDI to the tach and connecting that to VR1+, leave VR1- floating.

No, you are not correct. The MS uses a speed/density algorithm to calculate desired fuel along with a VE table. You need the WBO2 at minimum during the tuning stage to adjust the VE table so the calculated fuel and achieve the desired AFR at any given MAP and RPM.

The minimum installation is the microsquirt, a suitable MAP sensor, WBO2, and the lambda valve. In addition you will use the RPM signal as described above. The eWUR block and associated injector, pressure sensor, and fuel pressure damper are not needed if your stock WUR is correct and functional AND you have a functional lambda valve.

Last edited by flightlead404; 10-16-2017 at 04:51 PM..
Old 10-16-2017, 04:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #940 (permalink)