View Single Post

Garage
Fuel rail pressure adapter & Service Manuals

Hi guys, I'm a new 944 owner, but I have been wrenching on cars for 30 years. I have a solid understanding of most things mechanical, but I do not know specifics about things unique to the Porsche 944. So in the coming months, I'm sure I will have plenty of questions. I hope y'all can help me!

My car is a 1987 Base NA. It does not run, and hasn't in probably 8 years or so. I will be looking at removing the engine and doing a rebuild, all belts, seals, etc, but first I just want to hear it run. I have checked the DME relay and I have fuel at the rail. I have checked the reference sensors and their resistance is withing the Ohm specs they need. (Oh, and I had tach bounce while cranking.)

The car ran briefly by spraying ether in the throttle body. I ordered some NOID lights to see if the fuel injectors are getting pulses, but now my starter is stuck and I can't crank it anymore. I need to get the car up and bang on the starter to see if it will free itself, so I can test it.

I was wondering if anyone knows where to get an adapter for the end of the fuel rail so I can check the fuel pressure there. Also, I have the pdf version of factory service manual, but I hate it. I'm used to the VW Bentley Service Manuals, and I'm spoiled. Is there any other reasonably priced service manuals? I need a paper manual! I'm a nerd and old!

Thanks for listening and I would love to hear any "words of wisdom" you experienced 944 owners may have for me!
Old 10-17-2017, 03:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)