View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by full quack View Post
Well first and foremost...most countries in the world still generate electricity from either coal or natural gas, both fossil fuel in origin. So one has to ask...what are we saving here with electric vehicles??

Plus the amount of destruction to the worlds eco system by mining and processing the needed nickel and such, for the manufacture of batteries is appalling. Then of course there is the mass of waste generated with the dismantling/disposal of the dead batteries.

Sure you'll jump up and say.... but they are recyclable.... but in reality only a relative small % of the old battery is actually reusable, and then not back into the form of batteries. So the net gain is a negative, and the net loss is huge.

Total crap from my perspective....and don't even get me started with self driving vehicles.

Mark
Two Marks that think alike. And let's not forget that lithium is the drug of choice for futuristic batteries. Google that and you'll find how lithium governs third world country economies....all because of iphones initially. Lead-acid batteries are 100+ year old technology and weigh a ton. Lithium not only can power your vehicle, but also dampen the insane urges your brain kicks out in rebellion to autonomous self-driving cars. Who in the hell...which marketing guru...decided for the masses that this is what we want? I've never been asked my opinion; just force fed the results. And this from some idiots who're too young to have ever watched the Jetsons.
Ditto: Don't get me started....
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.

Last edited by mark houghton; 10-17-2017 at 07:31 PM..
Old 10-17-2017, 07:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)