View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dap930 View Post
John,
I actually made my CLT sensor. I ordered a couple of NTC thermistors from Mouser (for a spare) and mounted the element in the wire hole of a 3/8" wire terminal. I epoxied the element ends to secure in the terminal. I heat shirked the individual wire leads, brought them together, and heat shirked the leads together. I installed the wire terminal under the fan shroud at the forward most bolt that secures the fan shroud to the cam tower for the #1 cylinder. Before installing, I did a temperature calibration using ice water up to boiling water. The sensor has read over 225* in the car during hot restarts. When I first start the car (cold), the IAT and the CLT read exactly the same.
Hi Dennis

What resistance value was the thermistor? Was it a 10K? I was thinking I might build one of these.
Here is a good video on thermistors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9opuvLXAetI

Thanks

John
1988 Porsche 930 Targa - 3.4L Twin Plug Motor, DC 13 Cams, Supertec Head Studs, ARP Rod Bolts, Port and Polished Heads, Garretson Andial Intercooler, GSX 61 BB Stage 5Turbo, Tial F46 WG .8 Bar Spring, PowerHaus Headers, PowerHaus Dual Tip Muffler, MS3 Pro EFI conversion, 57lbs. Cobra Injectors, Center Force Stage 2 Clutch , Rebuilt 4 Speed with LSD.

Last edited by jpilcher; 10-25-2017 at 04:58 PM..
Old 10-25-2017, 04:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #440 (permalink)