View Single Post

Well, I did it the easy way be getting a Leask WUR.

If you want to try adjusting yours via spring changes and you take yours apart, there are three sections of the WUR and the big spring in between the bottom and middle section handles the boost threshold. There are two springs in between the middle and top sections (one inside the other) and those adjust the boost CP. the smaller spring is on the top of the diaphragm and the threshold spring presses against the bottom of the diaphragm, so I would think that changing one would affect each other.

So if you were to reduce the spring pressure on the smaller springs (I think the Leask only changes the smallest inner spring pressure but I'm not positive), the CP should be lower. The difficulty you may have is that with the Leask WUR, very small adjustments with a threaded stud adjusting the height of the plate attached to the diaphragm in the middle section (thereby changing the spring rates) can make big swings in my AFR's, so dialing this in may prove difficult with limited spring rate changes.

Last edited by Jeff NJ; 10-26-2017 at 09:04 AM..
Old 10-25-2017, 11:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)