View Single Post

Thanks Jim/Brian, guys. What I did to set my head up after the 007 mod is pretty well as Jim described. It is set to flow as much as the lowest flow port will allow. I have measured the boost dump CP before and it is in spec - working correctly - which is why I have the Leask switch on - too much fuel at boost onset.
I'm not sure checking the flow rate against the 100psi helps me much - unless I have a figure to compare with - the 1150ml/30 sec is the factory figure for the open flow check. And won't bear any relationship to 100psi check. But Brians figures help. I agree that the injector flow end is what matters. That is how much is getting in to the engine.
I did email Larry for some flow info, but no reply.
OK, I will work on Brians figures. I suspect I will be low on that spec - I get 1400ml/30 sec without the 100 psi and injector restrictions. If that is the case I will have to look at the pumps. Altho in theory they are doing enough (at 1400ml/30 sec).
Regards
Alan
83 SC, 82 930 (track) - Stock except for RarlyL8 race headers, RarlyL8 Zork, K27-7006, 22/28 T bars, 007 Fuel head, short 3&4 gears, NGK AFR, Greddy EBC (on the slippery slope), Wevo engine mounts, ERP rear camber adjust and mono balls, Tarret front monoball camber adjust, Elgin cams, 38mm ported heads, 964 IC. 380rwhp @ 0.8bar Apart from above, bone stock:-)
Old 10-27-2017, 01:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)