View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by donlan View Post
Hello,none of our cars have MFI at present. Cutting holes in the airbox makes the performance go backwards and at 71 we don't need any loud/as opposed to a nice note motor vehicles . (5 have K&N filters . saves a heap on replacing filters. What is a malone tune? Michael.
Hi. I just realized there was an error in my original post. I meant to make reference to MAF and not MFI. Not sure how that happened. Glad to hear you are having success with your K&N filters. I removed the K&N from my 2.8 because of the possibility air filter oil contaminating the MAF sensor. In order for the K&N to effectively do it's job it must be well oiled, thus the risk of MAF contamination.
I also decided that replacing new $20 paper filter every year was a lot more appealing than the trouble of cleaning and re-oiling K&N filters.

Malone is a company that provides tunes for turbocharged cars. Their focus appears to be with Diesel TDi cars but they also provide nice effective tunes for the VW 1.8T. Truly the best bang for your buck.
Everybody is entitled to an opinion and the above is mine.

As far as holes in the air box, we haven't noticed a drop in performance. My lady friend drives the A6 daily back and forth to her work. Occasionally we use it on the highway and we never track it. I guess we pretty well use it as most people do.
But, she does enjoy the slight elevated intake honk when she comes on to it, otherwise the exhaust note is pretty standard.

Last edited by hughc; 10-29-2017 at 02:20 AM.. Reason: more comments to be added
Old 10-29-2017, 02:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)