View Single Post

Question How to cap off fuel outlet on tank

Happy Friday from Ra-cha-chester NY!
Well, I got a wave of ambition last night after work, and decided to inspect/replace my wiper motor. The wonderful, always-working-when-I-test-it, but never-working-when-I-need-it wiper motor.
As I was setting the tank aside, I was happily greeted with a punctured fuel line - 30 years old, and being shuffled around made it unhappy.
I almost forgot my question! Since I have carbs, the return line was blocked off by the PO on the rear firewall. So, that whole line is unused. Can I remove the entire assy. as it comes out of the tank, and put some sort of plug in? What I'm trying poorly to describe is the actual threaded portion of the tank, where there's a brass nut/collar holding in a short length of metal fuel line (that's about 4 inches long, where the fabric line is clamped onto). I wanna remove that completely and block it off, so I don't have to worry about that line ever rupturing (sp?) in the center tunnel. It's not being used anyway, and it's relatively unsafe in it's current state. It seems the best way to do this is to plug it right at the tank. Maybe a brass fitting of some sort? And if so what size? (I'll buy it on lunch today).
How about that for a long-winded post? Woohoo! I'm flyin' high on caffeine (hands trembling)........

Cheers
Jeff
Old 10-03-2003, 05:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)