View Single Post

Hi Brian - can you clarify 1400cc/30 sec, or 1400cc/min. I am getting 1640cc/min (injector) on my last reading. If I understand right, 1400/min is what you are looking for as a minimum.
I can confirm as you get to the max flow in the 007 head, things get a bit wobbly. I have spent near the whole day trying to calibrate it. You end up in a dead zone where each port does not respond to any more adjustment. So you need to know where each port is regarding the dead zone - whether to adjust the other 5 or persist with #6. Multiply that 6 times over and it gets messy. I have got the FD close now to where it does respond to each tweek on all 6. Another couple of shots should get it there. That is how it came back when modded to 007. It was in the sweet spot, and I opened it up another 10% or so, looking for more fuel. Hopefully I will have it calibrated and stable in a couple more hrs of effort. I am close now and recorded 1640cc/min with those settings.
As for the WUR, I am thinking of dropping the WP by 0.3-0.2 bar. This will take it to 3.0bar. But this WP setting is just via the heating element. There is a lot of engine heat soak that takes place when on the track. I will run the engine with the pressure gauge on the WUR in place once I get the FD sorted again, but plan to run the WUR slightly lower. I think I will change the boost spring in the WUR tho. Not that happy with 2 bar drop in CP on boost - worried for the diaphragm more than anything.
But I am not sure any of this has given me more fuel at 5500rpm. I can verify I have more than 1400cc/min at injectors - but I had 1600 on prior settings. So still a puzzle. the 044 pump will be here shortly. While I have the beast on the hoist and fuel system apart I am thinking to install it anyway. But my fuel numbers look OK?
Regards
Alan
83 SC, 82 930 (track) - Stock except for RarlyL8 race headers, RarlyL8 Zork, K27-7006, 22/28 T bars, 007 Fuel head, short 3&4 gears, NGK AFR, Greddy EBC (on the slippery slope), Wevo engine mounts, ERP rear camber adjust and mono balls, Tarret front monoball camber adjust, Elgin cams, 38mm ported heads, 964 IC. 380rwhp @ 0.8bar Apart from above, bone stock:-)
Old 10-31-2017, 08:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)