View Single Post

OK, thanks Brian. Any info is useful. Agree there is something wrong in the fuel delivery. Hopefully can nail it. What I found with the FD was successive runs without any adjustment were not repeatable . Certain ports would fluctuate by 10-20%. Agree fuel pump issue would do this. The system pressure is stable 102 psi +/-1.
Can you clarify your fuel flows you use. Checking pumps - at the inlet to FD - 1150cc/30 sec min?
At the injectors 1400cc min - over 30 or 60 sec? Hard to see how 1150 cc/30 sec can give 1400cc over 30 sec. has to be 1 min?.
Just checked pump differential pressure - ie the pressure between F &R pump. 2 bar. I think factory spec is 1.5-2.0 (about to check). If the front pump was subspec it would be a low(er) reading as the rear pump would be sucking the fuel faster than the front wants to supply. So I suspect front pump has been upgraded too - as I am at top end of pressure spec, I think.
Waiting on a new fuel filter (could always be a blocked filter?) - but still trying to confirm these flow numbers. Am going to bypass filter and check flow to FD.
Based on the HP calcs I have nowhere near enough fuel. But depending on whether your 1400 injector flow is 30 sec or 1 min, I may have enough (1680/min).
Regards
Alan
83 SC, 82 930 (track) - Stock except for RarlyL8 race headers, RarlyL8 Zork, K27-7006, 22/28 T bars, 007 Fuel head, short 3&4 gears, NGK AFR, Greddy EBC (on the slippery slope), Wevo engine mounts, ERP rear camber adjust and mono balls, Tarret front monoball camber adjust, Elgin cams, 38mm ported heads, 964 IC. 380rwhp @ 0.8bar Apart from above, bone stock:-)
Old 11-01-2017, 07:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)