View Single Post

T77911s, thanks for that. Looks like we might be on the right track then. What has thrown me is the flow figures out of pump before FD. The book says 1150, or 1500/30 sec, depending which motor. I am reasonably sure I am reading the book right. But moving 30% away from stock HP means a lot more fuel and there obviously is not much margin in the stock system.
This does make sense as far as the symptoms go. Everything behaves OK until 5500 rpm. Then I hit the wall for fuel. I tried triggering the CSV at 5500 and it didn't seem to make any difference, but at low rpm I could see an AFR drop.
Thanks guys. Those figures look like what I need to be shooting for. Let you know what I get next week when rear pump and new filter fitted.
What HP should I be looking at changing to bigger fuel lines?
Regards
Alan
83 SC, 82 930 (track) - Stock except for RarlyL8 race headers, RarlyL8 Zork, K27-7006, 22/28 T bars, 007 Fuel head, short 3&4 gears, NGK AFR, Greddy EBC (on the slippery slope), Wevo engine mounts, ERP rear camber adjust and mono balls, Tarret front monoball camber adjust, Elgin cams, 38mm ported heads, 964 IC. 380rwhp @ 0.8bar Apart from above, bone stock:-)
Old 11-03-2017, 11:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)