View Single Post

You might want to check with Roger 04 RT over in the bmwsporttouring forum. He did the testing for the AF-Xied for NightRider and knows a lot about it. MUCH info on it there.

My own personal experience with three of them (R1100S, R1100RT, K1200RS0) is that it made such an improvement in the R11S that I bought the next two before even taking delivery of the bikes. It was the single best performance and drivability improvement (and the least expensive) I've made on that bike (Wilburs, PR4's, Induct, SJ air filter, EV14 injectors). The RT and RS were less dramatic but still worth it.

If it made any diff in the fuel mileage on the R11S I can't tell it. I ride the bike for smiles, not miles. But I can tell you that in August, headed south on 19 from Blairsville up to Neels Gap, it had 148 miles on the trip meter when the flame went out (turned around and coasted 4.5 miles back to Sunrise gas sta.).

It lets the engine run like it's supposed to run. As the pilots say, "If the mix is too thin the fan won't spin.") The proper A/F ratio does wonders for it, and it runs cooler, too.

Last edited by Lowndes; 11-10-2017 at 03:19 PM..
Old 11-10-2017, 03:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)