View Single Post

System installed and close to finishing run in. I have to say the quality of these items, the quality of machining and the no bull**** view from Performance Developments on what works and what does not and why, based on their extensive race engine preparation experience was a breath of fresh air.

Fist thing, they correct a multitude of errors my previous local West Australian machine shop did such as heads not perfectly matched for deck height, over the nose pressures for springs was way out, valve seat machining was very sloppy etc etc. Also, they corrected my misguided decision to use titanium retainers (that were part of a high flow 993 turbo valve kit I bought from a vendor). The titanium retainers were badly grooved by the spring after only a few thousand miles. With a properly set up spring / seat / lock system, there is no need for these on a turbo motor running around 7krpm on the street. I used a set of 962C retainers, spring seats and springs (with the very strong steel retainers). Absolutely no issues with float or anything at 7kprm but I know they will last.

Also, some dubious twin plug machining work was corrected. Heads / cylinders machined for the copper head gasket / fire ring. The tolerances on this work are extremely fine, with the copper parts being EDM.

1988 930: 3.5L 100mm LN slipins, LN FFA rods, Supertec studs, GT3582R with T4 1.07A/R twin scroll housing, RarlyL8 equal length divided headers, dual Tial MVS 38mm WG's, Carrera 3.2 heads with 993 big valves. 964 Cams, full bay IC, KEP st1 clutch. PE3 sequential ECU with 750cc EV14 injectors, CoP twin plugs, J&S Safegaurd, Aquamist HSF3 water inj. Wavetrac LSD.
Old 11-19-2017, 02:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)